What is Toastmasters?


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Toastmasters .... Toastmasters .... What is Toastmasters?

E 'filled a couple of guys in suits and shirts standing around and pontificating on people. There is a secret society, where everyone looked furtively from side to side before the secret book.com" title="hand">handshake? This is a cooking class, where everyone brings in their bread machine and makes the latest recipes and toast then see how the taste? Or is it a bunch of guys drinking in a bar?. - "Here's to Joe, what a Schmoe, soGrab your beer, give a high - Joe. "

Toastmasters is an international non-profit organization that helps people more confidence to speak in public.

Why would anyone go to Toastmasters? What are you doing? What kind of things that you learn? You talk all the time? Why should I go? I'm afraid to go there - what if someone asks me to stand up and speak? I can not do - what can I say?

The most common reason given for membershipToastmasters is about to conquer shyness, fear or fright. Some members said they could not enter a room without speaking of the human mind.

There are many courses to help people, you talk. Most of them cost hundreds or thousands of dollars and may require you to travel long distances for training. Toastmasters cost is less than $ 100. year and training is provided in an environment conducive to local clubMeetings.

People progress at their own pace through a professionally prepared program. There are instructions, step-by-step approach to organizing activities and presentation topics such as the provision of: to speak with sincerity, organizing the speech, song Variety, in cooperation with the words and the props for increase the impact.

Did you know that success is directly related to your profession, how well you can speak? Research shows that people who can effectively express advancefurther and faster in their careers of those who have difficulty speaking. Toastmasters provides the tools to help you improve your performance in a variety of situations.

Club meetings are spontaneous ways of thinking and speaking with business practice known as Table Topics. It 's fun, and participants are often very creative in their responses to their subject. But Toastmasters is not just to talk. It 'also to listen.

At the end of each sessionthe person appointed Quiz Master Quiz of the group on things that are said during the meeting. As the "Ah" to meet, will listen to the noise words such as uh, uh, or long pauses during a speech. The evaluators have listened carefully to the strengths and weaknesses of the operations or the meeting. Listening is an important part of Toastmasters.

The Center also plays a role in Toastmasters. If you do not talk to the person, you have the chance to see how a speech isgiven as props may be used, or the effective use of gestures. Watch the audience reaction to the speakers and the connection between them. All of these observations will help you when it's time for you to hold his inaugural address.

Toastmasters membership offers:

* Unlimited opportunities for personal and professional development for the improvement of skills and experience expanded.

* Experience in leadership development through training and club involvement.

*Increased confidence, ability to logically organize ideas and present with confidence,

* The ability to develop a better understanding of human relations.

* Ability to help others develop their leadership and communication skills as you develop your

* The ability to share your experience with other information about the Toastmasters program and invited them to join to share.

Over the last couple of years ago I heard a lot about Toastmasters. I went to the sitecheck it out and contacted the local club. I decided it was something I had to do. Knowledge, to learn that, the risk, I joined and immediately started my first speech, my Icebreaker. My goal was to reach my CTM - Competent Toastmaster this year and I have my last speech in June 2003. Although I have had experience in presenting workshops, a speech has been a difficult task for me.

I have done through the support and encouragement from my mentor andother members of the Club of Pembroke. They listened as I spoke and gave tips on how to improve, not only say what I wanted, but as I said. I gained confidence with every speech. Recognizing how much I enjoyed last year, I can only imagine my life would look like if I had been started earlier.

I leave you with this thought ... "If you want to grow and achieve ... to feel safe in public communication or leadership roles to interact with ...other people who share the same goals - Toastmasters is your answer.

Thanks To : Outlet Sale Best HDTV Inflatable bounce houses